Friday, October 16, 2009

Foodie Friday: Double Delish

The other night I had a whim of inspiration to cook. I made my TnT (tried 'n' true) Pad Thai (this time a simple version, no veggies, except water chestnuts because I found them lurking in the pantry and they didn't add any extra cooking time or effort). The dish included fried tofu squares, scrambled eggs, water chestnuts, some stir-fry noodles out of a bag, and the 'special sauce' (which is just white vinegar, fish sauce, and some sugar). I top it off with some lime juice when I serve it. This made me three servings - yay for refrigeration! :)

Pad Thai
Pad Thai

While I was at it, it seemed like not a lot more effort to work on another dish. I decided to make a recipe a friend's husband (Tammi & Lonni, thanks Lonni!) told me about recently: Stuffed Peppers. I bought the ingredients to make two veggie-stuffed peppers and two meat-stuffed peppers: two for me, two for Matt. I forgot I'd be out on travel, so Matt ate the meat, the peppers went bad, and so I bought more peppers after returning (everything else kept). So I ended up making three veggie-stuffed peppers, with frozen veggie burgers (as the "meat") with rice. Turns out, I didn't have the bouillon cubes that I thought I had, but I had some dried mushrooms around so I made broth with those. Here is the result:

Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed Peppers

Pretty! Matt had one so far (I'll eat one soon!) and seemed pleased with it... well, he said it was "ok" and that he'd like to try it again with meat (and I'll do a real bouillon broth next time - he's not a mushroom fan). Success!!! :)

1 comment: